For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cajun Shrimp Casserole
Rate this Recipe
An irresistible Cajun seafood feast.
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 red onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper|
|1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper|
|1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 cups sliced fresh okra|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 can cream of shrimp soup, 11 oz.|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|3 cups cooked long-grain rice|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted, add red onion, and bell peppers. Saute for 7 minutes. Add garlic, and saute for an additional minute.
- Stir in okra, lemon juice, and salt. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 4 minutes. Add cream of shrimp soup, white wine, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and rice. Stir ingredients together until blended well.
- Pour ingredients into the baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until casserole is bubbling and cheese is lightly browned.