For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cajun Beef and Red Bean Burritos
Rate this Recipe
A burrito unlike any other.
|1 lb top round steak|
|3/4 cup salsa|
|1 package Cajun rice and bean mix, 5 oz.|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|4 flour tortillas, 10-inch, warmed|
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into strips. Place beef and 1/2 cup salsa in medium bowl, then toss to coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
- Prepare rice and bean mix according to package directions, using 1/4 cup less water and omitting oil, keep warm.
- Remove beef from marinade and discard marinade. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef and cook for 2 minutes, until beef is just browned. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef. Remove beef from skillet and season with salt. Do not discard liquid in skillet.
- Return beef to skillet. Add rice and remaining 1/4 cup salsa. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Spoon 1 cup beef mixture evenly down center of each tortilla. Fold edges and roll to create a burrito and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >