For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pan-Grilled Flatbread Salad
Rate this Recipe
|12 oz. prepared pizza dough, quartered into 3-oz. rounds|
|as needed Olive oil and kosher salt|
|5 oz. mesclun greens or mixed baby salad greens|
|2/3 cup mixed fresh herbs (basil, mint, parsley, tarragon), chopped|
|2/3 cup green onions (with some green), thinly sliced|
|2 tsp. fresh lemon juice|
|1 tsp. Dijon mustard|
|2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1/4 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/8 tsp. black pepper|
|8 slices oven-roasted Tomatoes, slivered|
|8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes, at room temperature|
- For each fl atbread, heat grill-pan over medium-high heat.
- Roll out 3 oz. dough into 7" round; lightly oil one side of dough and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place on hot grill pan, oiled-side down. Cook until browned on bottom side; fl ip and cook other side, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer pizza to warm oven (225 F.) and hold until ready to serve.
- Combine salad greens, chopped herbs and green onions; set aside.
- For dressing, combine lemon juice, mustard and olive oil. Toss salad mixture with dressing. Season salad with kosher salt and pepper; add more to taste if necessary.
- For each serving, cut one grilled fl atbread into quarters.
- Plate the pieces, spoke-fashion, leaving plate center clear. Add 1 cup salad to center of plate; top with slivered oven-roasted tomatoes and cheese cubes.
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >