For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple Walnut Salad
Rate this Recipe
The perfect salad for Winter.
|1 1/2 red apples, peeled, cored and sliced|
|1 1/2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped|
|1/2 cup dired cranberries|
|6 cups arugula|
|6 cups coarsely torn endive|
|3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|4 tablespoons walnut oil|
|3 tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Combine arugula and endive in large salad bowl.
- Heat half the olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and shallots, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add walnuts and saute for and additional minute.
- Stir in vinegar. Remove skillet from heat, stir in walnut oil and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour chestnut mixture over arugula mixture, toss together well.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >