For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Makes 24 Cookies
|2 cups butter, softened|
|1 cup brown sugar, packed|
|5 cups all-purpose flour|
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add 3 3/4 cups of the flour and mix well.
- Sprinkle a board with the remaining flour, put the dough on it and knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Roll to 1/2" thickness. Cut into 3" x 1" strips.
- Prick with a fork and place on an ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden on top.
- Serve with orange marmalade into which you might stir a little Scotch whiskey or bourbon.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >