For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Holiday Persimmon Cookies
Rate this Recipe
These cookies are sweet with a hint of spice.
|1 cup persimmon pulp, from 3 persimmons|
|1 cup raisins|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/2 cup unsalted butter|
|2 cups flour|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|For Orange Glaze|
|1 teaspoon orange zest|
|2 cups powdered sugar|
|1/4 cup fresh orange juice|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together cinnamon, flour, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir and cream together sugar and butter. Beat in persimmon pulp, vanilla extract and the egg. Once mixed, add flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in raisins.
- Scoop out equal amounts of batter to make 36 cookies. Arrange cookie dough scoops on baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 12-14 minutes. Cookies should have light golden brown edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool on rack.
- As cookies cool, whisk together orange zest, powdered sugar and orange juice in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies and enjoy.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >