For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Easy Skillet-Cooked Steak Fajitas
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Quick Louisiana Red Beans & Rice
Rate this Recipe
A brilliant combination of flavor and texture.
|4 cups kidney beans, cooked|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|2 tablespoon garlic, minced|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|2 bay leaves|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|1/4 teaspoon sage, dried|
|1 tablespoon parsley, dried|
|1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning|
|1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced|
|4 cups water|
|2 cups long grain white|
- Place the cooked beans in a large pot.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the herbs and spices and cook for another four minutes Add this to the pot.
- Saute the sausage slices in olive oil until just browned and also add to the pot. Add a little water and place the pot over low heat.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions.
- When the rice is finished, add it to the pot and stir.
- Serve warm.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >