For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Simple Apple Fritters
Rate this Recipe
A tasty treat you can enjoy any time of the day.
|3 red apples, peeled and diced|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar mix, separated|
|1 cup flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1/3 cup milk|
|Cooking oil, for frying|
|Powdered sugar, for topping|
- Combine baking powder, flour, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg and milk. Whisk until combined. Add dry ingredients from bowl to egg mixture. Whisk together to create batter.
- Add diced apple to cinnamon sugar mix. Toss to coat. Add apples to batter bowl and stir around.
- Pour cooking oil into a large pan. Bring to medium-high heat. Once oil is bubbling, add small batches of apples. Fry until they are golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all apples are fried.
- Transfer apple fritter to a paper towel lined plate to cool. Once cooled, sprinkle apple fritter with powdered sugar and enjoy.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >