For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Citrus Marinated Chicken Breasts
Rate this Recipe
A bright and flavorful chicken dish.
|6 chicken breasts, bone-in|
|1 teaspoon grated lemon zest|
|1 teaspoon grated orange zest|
|1 clove garlic, peeled and minced|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|3 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 tablespoons heavy cream|
- Between two layers of plastic wrap, tenderize chicken breasts. Place chicken in large, resealable plastic bag.
- In medium bowl, whisk together lemon zest, orange zest, garlic, salt, pepper, lime juice, lemon juice, honey and balsamic vinegar. Pour into bag, over chicken. Close bag securely and turn to distribute marinade. Refrigerate for least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag. Shake excess marinade into bag and reserve.
- Bring a large skillet to high heat. Once hot pour in oil. saute chicken until browned, about 8-10 minutes per side. Lower heat to medium and continue cooking until chicken is done, about 2 more minutes per side. Transfer to serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Pour reserved marinade into skillet and bring to a boil over high heat, boil for 2 minutes, until slightly thickened and reduced. Stir in cream and cook for another minute. Pour hot sauce over chicken breasts.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >