For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Corned Beef with Cheddar Sliders
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Citrus Marinated Chicken Breasts
Rate this Recipe
A bright and flavorful chicken dish.
|6 chicken breasts, bone-in|
|1 teaspoon grated lemon zest|
|1 teaspoon grated orange zest|
|1 clove garlic, peeled and minced|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|3 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 tablespoons heavy cream|
- Between two layers of plastic wrap, tenderize chicken breasts. Place chicken in large, resealable plastic bag.
- In medium bowl, whisk together lemon zest, orange zest, garlic, salt, pepper, lime juice, lemon juice, honey and balsamic vinegar. Pour into bag, over chicken. Close bag securely and turn to distribute marinade. Refrigerate for least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag. Shake excess marinade into bag and reserve.
- Bring a large skillet to high heat. Once hot pour in oil. saute chicken until browned, about 8-10 minutes per side. Lower heat to medium and continue cooking until chicken is done, about 2 more minutes per side. Transfer to serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Pour reserved marinade into skillet and bring to a boil over high heat, boil for 2 minutes, until slightly thickened and reduced. Stir in cream and cook for another minute. Pour hot sauce over chicken breasts.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Pack the Perfect Picnic!
Grab your picnic basket and blanket, and get ready for a moveable feast! View Recipes >