For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
A Mediterranean twist on an Italian classic.
|9 lasagna noodles|
|1 lb. ground beef|
|1/2 cup chopped yellow onion|
|1 package frozen spinach, chopped, 10 oz.|
|1 cup Ricotta cheese|
|1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese|
|1/4 cup black olives, sliced and pitted|
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint|
|1 1/2 cups tomato sauce|
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a medium baking dish with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, but do not add salt. Drain water.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add beef and onion. Cook, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Place mixture on a paper towel-lined plate; drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, feta, olives, and 2 tablespoons mint. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in prepared dish. Top with 3 noodles. Spread some spinach mixture over noodles. Top with some beef mixture. Spoon 1/4 cup tomato sauce over beef mixture. Continue layering with remaining noodles, spinach mixture, beef mixture, and sauce.
- Cover with foil. Bake until filling is heated through, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mint. Serve immediately.