For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Skillet Shrimp Creole
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this easy, tasty and fun to make dish.
|1 cup long-grain white rice|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 can black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 can crushed tomatoes|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes|
|1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined|
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery, garlic, onion, bell pepper, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, in a small saucepan, cook beans until heated through, about 5 minutes. Cover and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes, wine, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Add shrimp; cook, stirring, until just opaque, 3 minutes.
- Spoon rice and beans onto individual plates. Spoon shrimp mixture on top. Serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >