For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Eye of Round Roast with Gravy
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Creole-Style Chicken Stir Fry
Rate this Recipe
A little spice and everything nice makes this a delicious dish.
|1 lb. chicken breast|
|1 cup okra|
|2 cups stir fry mix|
|3/4 cup celery, thinly sliced|
|1/2 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper|
|3/4 teaspoon sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 can diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1/4 cup parsley, chopped|
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray then set over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenders to skillet; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add okra, stir fry mix, celery, thyme, red pepper, sugar and salt; stir to combine.
- Pour undrained tomatoes over chicken stir fry mixture then bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover skillet then cook chicken an additional 3 minutes.
- Add butter and parsley to skillet; stir until butter melts.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Pack the Perfect Picnic!
Grab your picnic basket and blanket, and get ready for a moveable feast! View Recipes >