For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Fun and Fruity Cantaloupe
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy the fresh flavors of this fun and easy recipe.
|1 melon, cantaloupe or MAG|
|1 1/2 cups water|
|1 box strawberry-flavored gelatin|
|1/4 cup banana, (chopped)|
|1 tablespoon raisins|
|1 tablespoon golden raisins|
- Using a large, sharp knife, cut cantaloupe in half lengthwise. Separate halves and scoop out seeds. Discard seeds.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat. In a medium bowl, combine water and gelatin, stirring until gelatin dissolves.
- Pour gelatin mixture evenly into each cantaloupe half, filling each to the top. Chill until gelatin thickens, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine banana and raisins. Mix well. Stir banana mixture into gelatin; smooth top. Chill until gelatin is firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- Using a large, sharp knife, slice each cantaloupe half into 2 equal wedges. Place on individual serving plates and enjoy.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >