For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Corned Beef on Rye
Rate this Recipe
A full-flavored classic sandwich that so easy to make!
|3 cups onion, (sliced thin)|
|2 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|3/4 cup sauerkraut, (drained)|
|1/2 Granny Smith apple, (grated)|
|3 tablespoons water|
|1/2 stick butter, (unsalted, for buttering bread)|
|8 slices rye bread|
|1 clove garlic, (halved)|
|1 dill pickle, (sliced very thin)|
|3/4 lb corned beef, (sliced thin)|
|1 cup Swiss cheese, (coarsely grated)|
|Mustard, (for garnish)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, add onions, stir and cook until golden.
- Once onions are cooked, add sauerkraut and apple to skillet, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add water, season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet ingredients to a bowl.
- Preheat broiler. Set rack 4-inches from heat source.
- Place garlic in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Pour garlic into a small bowl, combine with butter.
- Butter one side of each slice of rye bread. Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven.
- Broil they lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
- Evenly divide pickles and corned beef among each slice. Spread onion mixture and cheese on top. Broil until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Place halves together to form sandwiches. Serve with mustard and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >