For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Delicious Homemade Popcorn Balls
Rate this Recipe
An old time treat that’s super easy to make and completely sharable!
|4 tablespoons butter|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 cup candy corn|
|6 oz mini marshmallows|
|1/4 cup peanut oil|
|6 tablespoons popcorn kernels|
- Pour oil into a medium saucepan, turn heat to medium-high. Pour in the popcorn kernels, coating all the kernels with a good shake of the pan.
- While the oil is heating, as it sizzles, pour in the sugar, shake the pan a few times. Once the first few kernels begin to pop, cover with lid. Keep one hand on the lid, shake the pan with the other, ensuring the kernels are popping and not burning the popcorn.
- Once the popping has begun to slow, remove from heat and pour the popcorn onto parchment paper. Allow the popcorn to cool a little.
- In a separate pot, melt the butter on low heat. Add in the marshmallows once butter is melted. Melt the marshmallows, stirring continually.
- Add the popcorn to the pot, stir quickly to coat evenly. Once popcorn is coated, pour in candy corn and stir until evenly mixed.
- Spray your hands with cooking spray and work the popcorn into balls, a little smaller than a baseball. Set each ball aside to cool and set.
See Other Recipes Like This
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >