For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Southwest Jambalaya
Rate this Recipe
One bowl is enough for even the hungriest person.
|4 oz sausage, cut into slices|
|4 oz ham, cooked, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1/2 cup diced celery|
|1 can ranch-style beans, 30 oz.|
|1 cup diced onion|
|1/2 cup diced green bell pepper|
|1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 cup white rice|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme|
|1 can diced tomatoes, 20 oz.|
- Pour olive oil into a sauce pan, heat on medium setting.
- Place green pepper, celery and onion in pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, sauté for additional minute and then add in sausage, rice and ham. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir ingredients frequently.
- After ingredients are cooked, add in chicken broth and tomatoes, sprinkle in thyme. Bring saucepan to a boil and then turn down heat. Place lid on top and let simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Mix in the beans after cooking, stir, heat and then serve.