For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Cowboy Beef Stew
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Fantastic Homemade Twinkies
Rate this Recipe
A delicious treat you can enjoy any time.
|2 teaspoons hot water, for filling|
|2/3 cup cold water, for cake|
|4 egg whites|
|2 cups marshmallow créme|
|1/3 cup powder sugar|
|1 box pound cake mix|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup shortening|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Spray canoe pan with non-stick cooking spray. (If no canoe pan is available, tear off a 12 inch square of aluminum foil. Fold in half and place spice bottle in middle, roll foil around bottle, closing ends up and then remove bottle. Top of foil should be open. Spray with non-stick cooking spray place on baking sheet. Repeat process nine more times.)
- Beat eggs in medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In separate bowl, combine water and cake mix. Mix together until evenly blended. Fold in eggs and mix until fully combined.
- Place an even amount of batter in each mold. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, place on cooling rack.
- Mix together salt and hot water until salt dissolves.
- Beat together powdered sugar, marshmallow, vanilla and shortening until fluffy and light. Pour in salt solution, beat for 1 minute.
- Poke three holes into cakes with a skewer. Use piping bag with small tip to fill cakes. (If no piping bag is available, use a plastic bag, sealing all but a small corner, cut edge of bag if needed. The opening should be small but manageable.)
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Pack the Perfect Picnic!
Grab your picnic basket and blanket, and get ready for a moveable feast! View Recipes >