For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Divine Raspberry & Peach Shortcakes
Rate this Recipe
A satisfying sweet summer treat. The blend of textures makes this a delightful dessert. Rich in flavor and complexity, a surefire crowd pleaser.
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 1/2 sticks butter|
|1/2 cup heavy cream, (chilled)|
|3 eggs, (lightly beaten)|
|2 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon sugar, (plus extra for sprinkling)|
|1 tablespoon milk, (for egg wash)|
|16 oz. raspberries|
|2 peaches, (peeled, pitted and thinly sliced)|
|2 tablespoons sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 cup heavy cream, (chilled)|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In mixing bowl, sift in flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Blend butter into mix, until clumps for to size of peas. Mix in cream and eggs until blended.
- On floured surface, pour dough and flatten to ¾ inch thickness. Cut out biscuits, place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix 1 egg with milk and beat. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle sugar on top, and then bake for about 25 minutes (outsides are crisp), allow cooling afterward.
- In separate bowl, mix together cream and sugar, until slightly rigid. Add vanilla and mix to stiffen.
- With cooled biscuits, break in half, putting fruit on bottom and whipped cream on top. Ready to serve!