For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
French Harvest Soup
Rate this Recipe
hearty, rich and utterly satisfying!
|1 baguette French bread|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 clove garlic|
|1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered|
|1 sweet red pepper|
|1 green bell pepper|
|1 head garlic, halved though center|
|3 ears corn|
|2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and halved|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|Salt and pepper|
|3 cups chicken stock|
|1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from canned chipotle in adobo sauce|
|1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, coarsely grated|
- For Croutons: Preheat oven to broil. Slice baguette into twelve slices. Brush each side with olive oil. Broil croutons for one minute on each side until golden brown. Remove from oven and rub one side with garlic clove. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Place onion, peppers, garlic, corn, tomato, and potatoes on baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until fork tender. Skin on peppers and tomatoes should be broken and slight charred. Cool. Peel peppers, tomatoes. Squeeze softened garlic from skin. Remove corn kernels from cob.
- Chop vegetables into large chunks and place in large heavy bottom pot. Add enough chicken stock to almost cover vegetables. Add adobo sauce. Simmer until heated through. Strain vegetables from stock.
- Heat oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Divide vegetables among crocks. Top with two croutons. Add enough broth to come to the top of crock. Cover top of crock with grated cheese.
- Place crocks on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbling.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >