For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Cowboy Beef Stew
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Cornish Hens with Honey-Apricot Glaze
Rate this Recipe
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 cornish game hens|
|2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1/4 cup apricot preserves|
|1 tablespoon grated onion|
|1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together cayenne and salt.
- Place a rack in a shallow baking pan and then set hens on rack.
- Rub 1/3 of the cayenne-salt mixture inside hens. Brush hens with 1 tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle hens with remaining cayenne-salt mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- While hens are baking, place honey, preserves, remaining butter, onion and nutmeg into a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until preserves are melted.
- Brush preserves mixture over hens. Continue baking hens until golden brown and a meat thermometer registers 180 degrees F, about 40 minutes more. Remove hens from oven and cover with foil; let hens stand for 10 minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Pack the Perfect Picnic!
Grab your picnic basket and blanket, and get ready for a moveable feast! View Recipes >