For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Samoa Puffed Rice Squares
Rate this Recipe
The ultimate treat for a sweet tooth.
|1 bag sweetened shredded coconut, 14 oz.|
|1 can dulce de leche|
|2 tablespoons milk|
|5 cups mini marshmallows|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|6 cups puffed rice cereal|
|6 oz semisweet chocolate, melted|
- Grease a large baking pan with baking spray.
- Pour the shredded coconut into a large pan. Bring to medium-high heat and cook and stir the coconut until most of the shredded coconut is golden brown. Then transfer all but 3 tablespoons of the toasted coconut to a mixing bowl.
- Stir together the dulce de leche and milk in a small pan. Warm over medium heat on the stove top until the mixture begins to thin out.
- Pour the dulce de leche mixture over the toasted coconut and stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- Add the marshmallows and butter to a large microwavable bowl. Warm in the microwave for about 2 minutes, until marshmallows are thoroughly melted. Stir together until mixed.
- Pour the puffed rice cereal into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir together.
- Spoon half of the cereal mixture into the baking pan, pat down. Spread the coconut mixture over the cereal. Then top the coconut with the remaining cereal mixture, pat down.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over top. Sprinkle the reserved toasted coconut on top of the chocolate.
- Let sit for 20 minutes and then cut into 16 squares. Enjoy!