For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Tostadas with Summer Vegetables
Rate this Recipe
Simple, delicious and easy to make.
|1 teaspoon cumin, ground|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|12 oz. chicken breast tenders|
|2 teaspoon canola oil|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 cup zucchini, chopped|
|2 ears corn, kernels cut off cobs|
|3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped and divided|
|1/2 cup green salsa|
|4 flour tortillas, 8-inch|
|1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded|
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, salt and black pepper; evenly sprinkle mixture all over chicken.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet that is set over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, zucchini and corn to skillet; saute until chicken is done, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons cilantro and salsa to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until liquid almost evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange two tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet; lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray. Broil tortillas until lightly browned.
- Spoon 3/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla then sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Repeat process with remaining two tortillas.
- Sprinkle tostadas with remaining cilantro then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >