For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Cowboy Beef Stew
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Chicken Tostadas with Summer Vegetables
Rate this Recipe
Simple, delicious and easy to make.
|1 teaspoon cumin, ground|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|12 oz. chicken breast tenders|
|2 teaspoon canola oil|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 cup zucchini, chopped|
|2 ears corn, kernels cut off cobs|
|3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped and divided|
|1/2 cup green salsa|
|4 flour tortillas, 8-inch|
|1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded|
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, salt and black pepper; evenly sprinkle mixture all over chicken.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet that is set over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, zucchini and corn to skillet; saute until chicken is done, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons cilantro and salsa to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until liquid almost evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange two tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet; lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray. Broil tortillas until lightly browned.
- Spoon 3/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla then sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Repeat process with remaining two tortillas.
- Sprinkle tostadas with remaining cilantro then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Pack the Perfect Picnic!
Grab your picnic basket and blanket, and get ready for a moveable feast! View Recipes >