For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Honey Hot Crispy Chicken Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
The perfect blend of crispy, sweet, spicy, tender and juicy.
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally|
|Kosher salt, for seasoning chicken|
|1/2 cups buttermilk|
|1 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon garlic powder|
|2 teaspoons cayenne pepper powder|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 cup panko breadcrumbs|
|Vegetable oil, for frying|
|8 hamburger buns, toasted|
|Honey hot sauce, for topping|
|Prepared coleslaw, for topping|
- Sprinkle the chicken with kosher salt on both sides. Place the seasoned chicken into a large bowl and pour buttermilk over top. Let the chicken sit for 30 minutes in the buttermilk.
- Pour the flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, chili powder and breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, shaking off any excess liquid. Dip the chicken into the flour mixture, getting an even coating. Place the chicken on a cooling rack, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large frying pan, about 3/4-inch deep. Bring to medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, place four pieces of chicken into the oil. Cook on each side for 4-6 minutes, until a golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a cooling rack with a pan underneath. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- Place one piece of chicken onto the bottom buns. Liberally drizzle honey hot sauce over the chicken and spoon a generous amount of coleslaw in the center of the chicken. Place the top bun on the coleslaw and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
Prepare a Special Meal for Your Sweetheart
Worried about Valentine's Day dinner? Are you making your sweetheart a special dinner? What will you make? Here are a few recipe ideas to get you started. From main courses to a dessert and cocktail. View Recipes >