For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rustic Homestyle Stuffing
Rate this Recipe
A true old-fashioned favorite.
|1/2 cup unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|1 cup chopped celery|
|1 cup shredded carrots|
|1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|8 cups dry bread cubes|
|1/4 cup toasted wheat germ|
|4 Honeycrisp apples, peeled and finely chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts|
|1/2 cup chicken broth|
- Place butter in a large skillet. Bring to medium-low heat, swirl butter around the bottom to coat. Add onion, celery and carrots, cook until tender, stirring often. Sprinkle nutmeg, salt and pepper over top and stir together. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Place bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Add wheat germ, chopped apples and walnuts to the bread cubes. Toss together until well incorporated.
- Add the carrot mixture to the bread cubes and stir together.
- Drizzle chicken broth over top and stir until bread cubes are moistened.
- Pour the stuffing mixture into a casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil and place into the oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool slightly before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
Prepare a Special Meal for Your Sweetheart
Worried about Valentine's Day dinner? Are you making your sweetheart a special dinner? What will you make? Here are a few recipe ideas to get you started. From main courses to a dessert and cocktail. View Recipes >