For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Fresh Asparagus Risotto
Rate this Recipe
Fantastic as a side or the centerpiece of the meal.
|1 lb fresh asparagus|
|6 cups vegetable broth|
|2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup diced sweet onion|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic|
|1 1/2 cups Arborio rice|
|1 cup white wine|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 cup canned peas, drained|
|Sea salt, to taste|
|Cracked black pepper, to taste|
- Cut tops of asparagus off, discard stalks. Set aside.
- Pour vegetable broth in large saucepan. Set to medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, place lid on saucepan and keep hot.
- In a separate large saucepan, pour in olive oil and set to medium-high heat. Saute the asparagus, sweet onion and minced garlic, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the Arborio rice into the asparagus pan. Stir together until well incorporated.
- Pour the white wine in with the rice and stir until completely absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup of hot chicken broth to the rice and continue to cook until liquid is fully absorbed, stirring often. Repeat process until chicken broth is gone. Remove pan from heat.
- Add butter, Parmesan cheese and peas to the rice and stir together well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon risotto onto serving plates and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
Prepare a Special Meal for Your Sweetheart
Worried about Valentine's Day dinner? Are you making your sweetheart a special dinner? What will you make? Here are a few recipe ideas to get you started. From main courses to a dessert and cocktail. View Recipes >