Citrus Steaks with Spicy Orange Sauce
A little sweet and a nice spiciness.
|1 lb. beef top sirloin cap steaks, cut 1" thick |
|4 ears sweet corn, in husks |
|1 orange |
|1 clove garlic, minced |
|1/2 teaspoon pepper |
|1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt |
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro |
|1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder |
| Salt, to taste |
- Peel corn, leaving husks attached at base; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks; tie closed. Soak in cold water 30 minutes.
- Grate 1 teaspoon peel from orange. Squeeze 2 tablespoon juice from orange; set aside. Combine peel, garlic and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Remove corn from water. Place on outer edge of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill, covered, 20 to 30 minutes (or 15-25 minutes on gas grill) turning occasionally. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 9 to 14 minutes (or 8-12 minutes on gas grill) turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons reserved orange juice, yogurt, cilantro and chipotle powder in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Carve steaks into slices, season with salt as desired. Serve with sauce and corn.