Chicken Parmesan in a Skillet
A quick and delicious skillet dinner.
|4 chicken breasts |
|2 tablespoons olive oil |
|1 jar marinara sauce, 24 oz. |
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese |
|3/4 teaspoon dried basil |
|1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese |
|16 oz penne pasta |
| Salt, to taste |
| Pepper, to taste |
- Fill a large pot with 4-6 quarts of water. Bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook for about 12 minutes for al dente. Pour pasta into strainer and drain water. Return pasta to pot, cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, drizzle with olive oil, bring to medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes per side until browned. Set chicken aside on a plate.
- Remove skillet from heat for 1- 2 minutes to allow to cool. Reduce temperature to medium-low. Once skillet has cooled, add marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Stir to combine. Place chicken breasts into sauce mixture; cover skillet, and simmer for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to broil.
- Transfer chicken along with sauce to a baking dish. Cover with mozzarella cheese, and broil 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly. Remove baking dish from oven.
- Spoon penne pasta onto serving plates. Top pasta with sauce and chicken.