Streusel Topped Pumpkin Muffins
Delicious, easy and fun to make.
| For Muffin: |
|3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk |
|1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg |
|1 teaspoon baking soda |
|1 cup whole spelt flour |
|1/4 cup canola oil |
|1 cup white spelt flour |
|1/4 teaspoon salt |
|1/3 cup pumpkin puree |
|1 teaspoon cinnamon |
|1 cup sugar |
| For Streusel Topping: |
|2 tablespoon vegan butter spread |
|1/3 cup white spelt flour |
|3 tablespoons brown sugar |
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Fill a 12-count muffin tray with paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine ground nutmeg, baking soda, 1 cup whole spelt flour, 1 cup white spelt flour, salt, cinnamon and sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk together well.
- Add almond milk, canola oil and pumpkin puree to mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine vegan butter spread, 1/3 cup white spelt flour and brown sugar. Mix together until coarse and crumbly.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, 2/3 full. Top with streusel topping.
- Place muffin tin into oven, bake for 18-22 minutes.