Vegan Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
A lighter, creamier and richer version of the classic dish, that’s healthier.
|1 tablespoon lemon juice |
|1/4 teaspoon turmeric |
|1 cup unsweetened coconut milk |
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, (more for boiling water) |
|1 lb elbow macaroni |
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper |
|1 teaspoon onion powder |
|1 clove garlic |
|1/2 tablespoon soy sauce |
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder |
|1 head cauliflower, (florets only) |
|1/4 cup nutritional yeast |
| Water, (for boiling) |
- Fill a large pot with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to directions. Drain water and return to pot.
- Break apart cauliflower florets and place in a steamer. Steam for 10 minutes then transfer to a blender.
- Add lemon juice, turmeric, coconut milk, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic, soy sauce, chili powder and yeast to blender. Blend on high until ingredients reach a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Pour half the sauce into the pot. Stir sauce and pasta together very well.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese into serving bowls. Pour remaining sauce over top and enjoy.