Creole-Style Chicken Stir Fry
A little spice and everything nice makes this a delicious dish.
| Cooking spray |
|1 pound chicken breast tenders |
|1 cup okra |
|2 cups pepper stir fry mix |
|3/4 cup celery, thinly sliced |
|1/2 teaspoon dried thyme |
|1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper |
|3/4 teaspoon sugar |
|1/2 teaspoon salt |
|1 can diced tomatoes, undrained |
|1 tablespoon butter |
|1/4 cup parsley, chopped |
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray then set over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenders to skillet; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add okra, stir fry mix, celery, thyme, red pepper, sugar and salt; stir to combine.
- Pour undrained tomatoes over chicken stir fry mixture then bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover skillet then cook chicken an additional 3 minutes.
- Add butter and parsley to skillet; stir until butter melts.