Layered Hash Browns with Mixed Vegetables
A hearty and delicious way to start the day.
|1 green bell pepper, diced |
|1 1/2 cup ham, diced |
|8 eggs |
|8 cups hash browns |
|1/2 red bell pepper, diced |
|1 jalapeño, seeded and diced |
|1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated |
| Canola oil, for frying |
| Salt, to taste |
|20 potato wedges |
| Pepper, to taste |
|1 onion, diced |
|4 tablespoons butter |
- Separate hash browns and potato wedges, fry up in separate skillets. Cook until both are golden brown. Keep warm while other ingredients are prepared.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet, melt and toss in red bell pepper, jalapeño, onion, green bell pepper and ham. Toss a few times.
- Combine hash browns and vegetable mixture, sprinkle cheese on top and gently toss together. Turn heat to low, let cheese melt.
- In a separate skillet, melt remaining butter and add eggs. Fry eggs to desired consistency. Separate into four sections.
- Dish out cheese covered hash browns/vegetable mixture onto four plates. Place potato wedges on top, then lay eggs on top.
- Serve with salsa or Pico de Gallo and enjoy!