Ground Beef Stroganoff
A delicious twist to a classic dish.
|8 oz. uncooked egg noodles |
|1 teaspoon olive oil |
|1 lb. ground beef |
|1 cup chopped onion |
|8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms |
|1 teaspoon minced garlic |
|2 tablespoons flour |
|1 cup beef broth |
|1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt |
|1/8 teaspoon black pepper |
|1 tablespoon dry sherry |
|3/4 cup sour cream |
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley |
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Rinse pasta under cold water; drain and set aside.
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil. Add ground beef to pan; cook and break up with a wooden spoon until beef is crumbled and browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet; cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle ingredients in skillet with flour; stir constantly, cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thick, about 1 minute; season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add sherry and sour cream to skillet; stir to incorporate.
- Serve over egg noodles, and garnish with chopped parsley.