For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
East Meets West Burgers
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb. ground beef (95% lean)|
|1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs|
|1 large egg white|
|1/4 tsp. salt|
|1/8 tsp. black pepper|
|4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split|
|1/4 cup light mayonnaise|
|1 Tbsp. green onion, thinly sliced, green part only|
|1/2 tsp. soy sauce|
|1/4 tsp. dark sesame oil|
|1/8 tsp. red pepper, ground|
|1/2 cup romaine lettuce, thinly sliced|
|1/4 cup red cabbage, shredded|
|1/4 cup carrot, shredded|
|1 Tsp. rice vinegar|
|1 Tsp. vegetable oil|
|1/4 Tsp. black pepper|
- Combine Sesame-Soy Mayonnaise ingredients in small bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine Slaw Topping ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg white, salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2" thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 11 to 13 minutes to medium (160º) doneness, until no longer pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted.
- Spread equal amount of mayonnaise on bottom of each bun, top with burger. Evenly divide Slaw Topping over burgers. Close sandwiches.
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >