For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
East Meets West Burgers
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
|1 lb. ground beef (95% lean)|
|1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs|
|1 large egg white|
|1/4 tsp. salt|
|1/8 tsp. black pepper|
|4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split|
|1/4 cup light mayonnaise|
|1 Tbsp. green onion, thinly sliced, green part only|
|1/2 tsp. soy sauce|
|1/4 tsp. dark sesame oil|
|1/8 tsp. red pepper, ground|
|1/2 cup romaine lettuce, thinly sliced|
|1/4 cup red cabbage, shredded|
|1/4 cup carrot, shredded|
|1 Tsp. rice vinegar|
|1 Tsp. vegetable oil|
|1/4 Tsp. black pepper|
- Combine Sesame-Soy Mayonnaise ingredients in small bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine Slaw Topping ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg white, salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2" thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 11 to 13 minutes to medium (160º) doneness, until no longer pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted.
- Spread equal amount of mayonnaise on bottom of each bun, top with burger. Evenly divide Slaw Topping over burgers. Close sandwiches.
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >