For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
The Classic Reuben Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
It's hard to top a classic.
|1 lb. corned beef, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|8 slices marbled rye, or pumpernickel|
|8 slices Swiss cheese|
|2 cups sauerkraut, well drained|
|1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing, more for serving|
- Lightly spread butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place 2 bread slices, butter side down, in skillet. Top each bread slice with 2 slices cheese, 1/4 of sauerkraut and 4 ounces corned beef. Spread 1 tablespoon dressing on unbuttered side of 2 bread slices; top sandwich with bread slice butter side up.
- Cook sandwiches 4-6 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve with additonal Thousand Island dressing, if desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >