For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Classic Reuben Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
Makes 4 Sandwiches
|1 lb. deli corned beef, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons butter, softened|
|8 slices marbled rye or pumpernickel bread|
|8 slices Swiss cheese|
|2 cups sauerkraut, well drained|
|1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing, more for serving|
- Lightly spread butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place 2 bread slices, butter side down, in skillet. Top each bread slice with 2 slices cheese, 1/4 of sauerkraut and 4 ounces corned beef. Spread 1 tablespoon dressing on unbuttered side of 2 bread slices; top sandwich with bread slice butter side up.
- Cook sandwiches 4 to 6 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve with additonal Thousand Island dressing, if desired.
Get Your Grill On!
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >