For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Classic Reuben Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
Makes 4 Sandwiches
|1 lb. deli corned beef, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons butter, softened|
|8 slices marbled rye or pumpernickel bread|
|8 slices Swiss cheese|
|2 cups sauerkraut, well drained|
|1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing, more for serving|
- Lightly spread butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place 2 bread slices, butter side down, in skillet. Top each bread slice with 2 slices cheese, 1/4 of sauerkraut and 4 ounces corned beef. Spread 1 tablespoon dressing on unbuttered side of 2 bread slices; top sandwich with bread slice butter side up.
- Cook sandwiches 4 to 6 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve with additonal Thousand Island dressing, if desired.
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >