For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Classic Reuben Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
Makes 4 Sandwiches
|1 lb. deli corned beef, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons butter, softened|
|8 slices marbled rye or pumpernickel bread|
|8 slices Swiss cheese|
|2 cups sauerkraut, well drained|
|1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing, more for serving|
- Lightly spread butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place 2 bread slices, butter side down, in skillet. Top each bread slice with 2 slices cheese, 1/4 of sauerkraut and 4 ounces corned beef. Spread 1 tablespoon dressing on unbuttered side of 2 bread slices; top sandwich with bread slice butter side up.
- Cook sandwiches 4 to 6 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve with additonal Thousand Island dressing, if desired.
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >