For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Classic Reuben Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
Makes 4 Sandwiches
|1 lb. deli corned beef, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons butter, softened|
|8 slices marbled rye or pumpernickel bread|
|8 slices Swiss cheese|
|2 cups sauerkraut, well drained|
|1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing, more for serving|
- Lightly spread butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place 2 bread slices, butter side down, in skillet. Top each bread slice with 2 slices cheese, 1/4 of sauerkraut and 4 ounces corned beef. Spread 1 tablespoon dressing on unbuttered side of 2 bread slices; top sandwich with bread slice butter side up.
- Cook sandwiches 4 to 6 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve with additonal Thousand Island dressing, if desired.
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >