For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Teriyaki Steak Skewers
Rate this Recipe
A simple beef dish for relaxing weekend cookouts.
|1 lb. boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick|
|1 package fried rice blend, prepared according to package|
|green onions, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup dry sherry|
|1/3 cup soy sauce|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 tablespoon garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced|
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Pour 1/4 cup of marinade into a small bowl and cover. Place in refrigerator.
- Cut beef steak crosswise into thick strips. Add beef to remaining marinade bowl; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Soak twelve 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Pierce beef with skewers. Use equal amounts of beef per skewer. Remove 1/4 cup marinade from refrigerator.
- Heat grill to medium. Once hot, place beef skewers on grill. Cover and grill for 5-8 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved 1/4 cup marinade.
- Serve beef with rice, and garnish with green onions.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >