For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gluten-Free Onion Rings
Rate this Recipe
A healthy way to enjoy this old-fashioned comfort food.
|vegetable oil, (for frying)|
|3 cups gluten-free pancake mix|
|2 tsp. chili powder|
|2 cups cold seltzer|
|3 large onions, (cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices and separated into rings)|
- Place 3 inches of oil in a large, deep skillet then heat over medium-high heat until it registers 380° F on a deep-fat thermometer.
- While oil heats, place gluten-free pancake mix, chili powder and 1.5 teaspoons salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the seltzer until a smooth batter forms.
- Working in batches, place onion rings in batter to coat. Let excess batter drip off onion rings then add to oil; fry for about 2 minutes, until golden, turning once during cooking time.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt.
|Course:||Side, appetizer, snack|
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >