For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gluten-Free Onion Rings
Rate this Recipe
A healthy way to enjoy this old-fashioned comfort food.
|vegetable oil, (for frying)|
|3 cups gluten-free pancake mix|
|2 tsp. chili powder|
|2 cups cold seltzer|
|3 large onions, (cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices and separated into rings)|
- Place 3 inches of oil in a large, deep skillet then heat over medium-high heat until it registers 380° F on a deep-fat thermometer.
- While oil heats, place gluten-free pancake mix, chili powder and 1.5 teaspoons salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the seltzer until a smooth batter forms.
- Working in batches, place onion rings in batter to coat. Let excess batter drip off onion rings then add to oil; fry for about 2 minutes, until golden, turning once during cooking time.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt.
|Course:||Side, appetizer, snack|
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >