For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Brandied Dried Apricot Jam
Rate this Recipe
|1 cup dried apricots|
|2 cups water|
|1/4 cup apricot brandy|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 cinnamon stick|
- Put the apricots in a mixing bowl, bring the water to a boil, and pour over the apricots.
- Add the apricot brandy and white wine, cover with plastic wrap, and leave in the refrigerator to soak for at least 30 minutes to an hour, or for as long as overnight.
- Transfer the apricots and their soaking liquid to a nonreactive saucepan. Add the sugar and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has a thick, jam-like consistency, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl or storage container, remove and discard the cinnamon stick, cover and refrigerate.
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >