For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Brandied Dried Apricot Jam
Rate this Recipe
|1 cup dried apricots|
|2 cups water|
|1/4 cup apricot brandy|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 cinnamon stick|
- Put the apricots in a mixing bowl, bring the water to a boil, and pour over the apricots.
- Add the apricot brandy and white wine, cover with plastic wrap, and leave in the refrigerator to soak for at least 30 minutes to an hour, or for as long as overnight.
- Transfer the apricots and their soaking liquid to a nonreactive saucepan. Add the sugar and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has a thick, jam-like consistency, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl or storage container, remove and discard the cinnamon stick, cover and refrigerate.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >