For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Brandied Dried Apricot Jam
Rate this Recipe
|1 cup dried apricots|
|2 cups water|
|1/4 cup apricot brandy|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 cinnamon stick|
- Put the apricots in a mixing bowl, bring the water to a boil, and pour over the apricots.
- Add the apricot brandy and white wine, cover with plastic wrap, and leave in the refrigerator to soak for at least 30 minutes to an hour, or for as long as overnight.
- Transfer the apricots and their soaking liquid to a nonreactive saucepan. Add the sugar and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has a thick, jam-like consistency, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl or storage container, remove and discard the cinnamon stick, cover and refrigerate.
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >