For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Brandied Dried Apricot Jam
Rate this Recipe
|1 cup dried apricots|
|2 cups water|
|1/4 cup apricot brandy|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 cinnamon stick|
- Put the apricots in a mixing bowl, bring the water to a boil, and pour over the apricots.
- Add the apricot brandy and white wine, cover with plastic wrap, and leave in the refrigerator to soak for at least 30 minutes to an hour, or for as long as overnight.
- Transfer the apricots and their soaking liquid to a nonreactive saucepan. Add the sugar and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has a thick, jam-like consistency, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl or storage container, remove and discard the cinnamon stick, cover and refrigerate.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >