For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bodega Bay Fish Chowder
Rate this Recipe
|2 Tbsp. butter|
|2 cups onion, chopped|
|4 fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|1 stalk celery, chopped|
|4 cups chicken stock|
|4 cups diced potatoes|
|2 lbs. cod, diced into 1/2" cubes|
|1/8 tsp.or to taste Old Bay Seasoning|
|to taste salt|
|to taste black pepper, ground|
|1 cup clam juice|
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 12 fl. oz. cans evaporated milk|
- In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Saute the onions, mushrooms and celery in the butter until tender.
- Add the chicken stock and potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer another 10 minutes. Season to taste with the Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Mix together the clam juice and flour until smooth and stir into the soup.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the evaporated milk and serve.
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >