For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bodega Bay Fish Chowder
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
|2 Tbsp. butter|
|2 cups onion, chopped|
|4 fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|1 stalk celery, chopped|
|4 cups chicken stock|
|4 cups diced potatoes|
|2 lbs. cod, diced into 1/2" cubes|
|1/8 tsp.or to taste Old Bay Seasoning|
|to taste salt|
|to taste black pepper, ground|
|1 cup clam juice|
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 12 fl. oz. cans evaporated milk|
- In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Saute the onions, mushrooms and celery in the butter until tender.
- Add the chicken stock and potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer another 10 minutes. Season to taste with the Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Mix together the clam juice and flour until smooth and stir into the soup.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the evaporated milk and serve.
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >