For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Mini Broccoli-Cheddar Quiches
Rate this Recipe
|2 cups broccoli florets|
|2 large eggs|
|2 large egg yolks|
|1 cup milk|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 cup cheddar, grated|
|1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1/2 tsp. black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Grease 8 cups in a 12 cup muffin tin; set aside.
- Add 1 inch of water to a large saucepan then set a steamer basket into saucepan. Set broccoli florets in steamer basket, cover saucepan then turn heat to high. Cook broccoli for about 5 to 6 minutes, until just tender. Allow broccoli to slightly cool then chop into small pieces.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, milk and cream. Add cheese, nutmeg, salt and black pepper; stir to combine. Add chopped broccoli; stir to combine.
- Place muffin tin on baking sheet then spoon egg mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup. Bake for about 25 minutes, until no longer jiggly in center and browned. Allow quiches to slightly cool then run a knife around each quiche. To un-mold quiches put a clean baking sheet on top of muffin pan and invert. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >