For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
Rate this Recipe
The go-to for Italian dinners.
|1 French baguette loaf|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon|
|6 Roma tomatoes, cored and diced|
|5 fresh basi lleaves, chopped|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Cut baguette into 36 slices.
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a rimmed pan with aluminum foil.
- Brush 4 tablespoons of olive oil on both sides of sliced bread. Arrange slices on the pan.
- Place pan in oven and toast bread for about 5 minutes. Edges should be lightly browned.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly toss until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto toasted bread and serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >