For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
Rate this Recipe
The go-to for Italian dinners.
|1 French baguette loaf|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon|
|6 Roma tomatoes, cored and diced|
|5 fresh basi lleaves, chopped|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Cut baguette into 36 slices.
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a rimmed pan with aluminum foil.
- Brush 4 tablespoons of olive oil on both sides of sliced bread. Arrange slices on the pan.
- Place pan in oven and toast bread for about 5 minutes. Edges should be lightly browned.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly toss until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto toasted bread and serve.