For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
This sandwich is unlike any other.
|24 slices pumpernickel bread|
|2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped onion|
|1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar|
|1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar|
|2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken breast|
|3 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|1/2 teaspoon curry powder|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
- Trim crusts from bread slices and cut into triangles.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar and 2 teaspoons cider vinegar, stir with a whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onion and saute for 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Pour sugar mixture into the skillet. Stir together until onions are evenly coated. Remove skillet from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add remaining vinegar, chopped chicken, mayonnaise, curry powder and salt to the onion mixture. Stir together well.
- Place about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture on each of 12 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices.
See Other Recipes Like This
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >