For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Grilled Five-Spice Chicken
Rate this Recipe
The perfect amount of spice o make this dish amazing.
|1 whole chicken|
|3 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|3 tablespoons minced ginger|
|2 tablespoons minced garlic|
|2 tablespoons sugar|
|2 teaspoons ground turmeric|
|1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder|
|1/2 tablespoon sea salt|
|4 whole star anise, ground into a fine powder|
- Cut the chicken into 6 pieces. Trim and discard any excess fat. Rinse and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar, turmeric, five-spice powder and salt. Stir well to blend. Add the chicken pieces and turn several times to coat. Place chicken into a container with a lid and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Sprinkle star anise powder over chicken. Be sure to coat evenly.
- Place the chicken, skin side up, on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes, flip chicken and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >