For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Blueberry-Banana Frozen Yogurt
Rate this Recipe
Delightfully sweet and incredibly rich.
|1 quart blueberries|
|2/3 cup ripe banana, sliced|
|1 cup nonfat plain yogurt|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed|
|1 tablespoon crème de cassis, you may substitute another fruity liquer, or a non-alcoholic fruit syrup|
- Puree blueberries in a food processor. Transfer to a wire strainer and gently force the puree through to remove solids.
- Combine the orange juice and sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add bananas to the food processor and puree. Add the strained blueberry puree, yogurt, sugar, orange-juice concentrate and liquer or syrup and process just until everything is mixed - over mixing will add too much air to the mixture. For the best results, chill the puree to about 40 degrees.
- Pour the puree into the canister of ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, freeze the puree in a shallow dish until partially solid. Break the frozen puree into chunks, place in the food processor and puree.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >