For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Blueberry-Banana Frozen Yogurt
Rate this Recipe
Delightfully sweet and incredibly rich.
|1 quart blueberries|
|2/3 cup ripe banana, sliced|
|1 cup nonfat plain yogurt|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed|
|1 tablespoon crème de cassis, you may substitute another fruity liquer, or a non-alcoholic fruit syrup|
- Puree blueberries in a food processor. Transfer to a wire strainer and gently force the puree through to remove solids.
- Combine the orange juice and sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add bananas to the food processor and puree. Add the strained blueberry puree, yogurt, sugar, orange-juice concentrate and liquer or syrup and process just until everything is mixed - over mixing will add too much air to the mixture. For the best results, chill the puree to about 40 degrees.
- Pour the puree into the canister of ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, freeze the puree in a shallow dish until partially solid. Break the frozen puree into chunks, place in the food processor and puree.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >