For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pan-Grilled Flatbread Salad
Rate this Recipe
|12 oz. prepared pizza dough, quartered into 3-oz. rounds|
|as needed Olive oil and kosher salt|
|5 oz. mesclun greens or mixed baby salad greens|
|2/3 cup mixed fresh herbs (basil, mint, parsley, tarragon), chopped|
|2/3 cup green onions (with some green), thinly sliced|
|2 tsp. fresh lemon juice|
|1 tsp. Dijon mustard|
|2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1/4 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/8 tsp. black pepper|
|8 slices oven-roasted Tomatoes, slivered|
|8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes, at room temperature|
- For each fl atbread, heat grill-pan over medium-high heat.
- Roll out 3 oz. dough into 7" round; lightly oil one side of dough and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place on hot grill pan, oiled-side down. Cook until browned on bottom side; fl ip and cook other side, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer pizza to warm oven (225 F.) and hold until ready to serve.
- Combine salad greens, chopped herbs and green onions; set aside.
- For dressing, combine lemon juice, mustard and olive oil. Toss salad mixture with dressing. Season salad with kosher salt and pepper; add more to taste if necessary.
- For each serving, cut one grilled fl atbread into quarters.
- Plate the pieces, spoke-fashion, leaving plate center clear. Add 1 cup salad to center of plate; top with slivered oven-roasted tomatoes and cheese cubes.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >