For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pan-Grilled Flatbread Salad
Rate this Recipe
|12 oz. prepared pizza dough, quartered into 3-oz. rounds|
|as needed Olive oil and kosher salt|
|5 oz. mesclun greens or mixed baby salad greens|
|2/3 cup mixed fresh herbs (basil, mint, parsley, tarragon), chopped|
|2/3 cup green onions (with some green), thinly sliced|
|2 tsp. fresh lemon juice|
|1 tsp. Dijon mustard|
|2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1/4 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/8 tsp. black pepper|
|8 slices oven-roasted Tomatoes, slivered|
|8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes, at room temperature|
- For each fl atbread, heat grill-pan over medium-high heat.
- Roll out 3 oz. dough into 7" round; lightly oil one side of dough and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place on hot grill pan, oiled-side down. Cook until browned on bottom side; fl ip and cook other side, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer pizza to warm oven (225 F.) and hold until ready to serve.
- Combine salad greens, chopped herbs and green onions; set aside.
- For dressing, combine lemon juice, mustard and olive oil. Toss salad mixture with dressing. Season salad with kosher salt and pepper; add more to taste if necessary.
- For each serving, cut one grilled fl atbread into quarters.
- Plate the pieces, spoke-fashion, leaving plate center clear. Add 1 cup salad to center of plate; top with slivered oven-roasted tomatoes and cheese cubes.
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >