For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Light Cream Sauce for Pasta
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
|1/2 pound pasta, cooked penne, orecchitte or similar type|
|4 oz. Neufchâtel cheese|
|3/4 cup vegetable broth|
|1 tsp. lemon juice|
|1 tsp. corn starch|
|1 tsp. water|
|white pepper, ground|
|1 cup baby peas, fresh or frozen|
|2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen|
|2 Tbsp. olive oil|
- In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, add the vegetable broth and Neufchatel cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted and combined well with the broth. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Turn the sauce down to low heat and stir occasionally.
- In a saute pan, drizzle the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the peas. Stir the peas so that they don't burn and keep on the heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and stir for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat. In a small dish, mix the corn starch and water together until there are no clumps.
- Pour the corn starch mixture into the sauce (cheese and broth) while stirring.
- Add the pea and corn mixture to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Season with the kosher salt and white pepper.
- Serve over the pasta.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >