For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Light Cream Sauce for Pasta
Rate this Recipe
|1/2 pound pasta, cooked penne, orecchitte or similar type|
|4 oz. Neufchâtel cheese|
|3/4 cup vegetable broth|
|1 tsp. lemon juice|
|1 tsp. corn starch|
|1 tsp. water|
|white pepper, ground|
|1 cup baby peas, fresh or frozen|
|2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen|
|2 Tbsp. olive oil|
- In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, add the vegetable broth and Neufchatel cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted and combined well with the broth. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Turn the sauce down to low heat and stir occasionally.
- In a saute pan, drizzle the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the peas. Stir the peas so that they don't burn and keep on the heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and stir for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat. In a small dish, mix the corn starch and water together until there are no clumps.
- Pour the corn starch mixture into the sauce (cheese and broth) while stirring.
- Add the pea and corn mixture to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Season with the kosher salt and white pepper.
- Serve over the pasta.
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >