For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Light Cream Sauce for Pasta
Rate this Recipe
|1/2 pound pasta, cooked penne, orecchitte or similar type|
|4 oz. Neufchâtel cheese|
|3/4 cup vegetable broth|
|1 tsp. lemon juice|
|1 tsp. corn starch|
|1 tsp. water|
|white pepper, ground|
|1 cup baby peas, fresh or frozen|
|2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen|
|2 Tbsp. olive oil|
- In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, add the vegetable broth and Neufchatel cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted and combined well with the broth. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Turn the sauce down to low heat and stir occasionally.
- In a saute pan, drizzle the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the peas. Stir the peas so that they don't burn and keep on the heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and stir for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat. In a small dish, mix the corn starch and water together until there are no clumps.
- Pour the corn starch mixture into the sauce (cheese and broth) while stirring.
- Add the pea and corn mixture to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Season with the kosher salt and white pepper.
- Serve over the pasta.