For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pecan Butter Cookies
Rate this Recipe
The perfect amount of sweet and nutty.
|1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 stick unsalted butter|
|1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon grated orange peel|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 1/4 cups flour|
|3/4 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- Place pecans and sugar in a blender, pulse until pecans are finely ground.
- Place butter and pecan-sugar mixture in a mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to cream together until butter is fluffy. Add vanilla, orange peel and egg yolk and beat together on low speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined. Gather the dough into a ball, flatten it into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough until thin and flat. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Transfer cookies to a cookie sheet. Gather up scraps, reroll the dough and cut out cookies in same manner until you have 36 cookies.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, cookies should be golden. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >