For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Roasted Turkey with Herbs
Rate this Recipe
The perfect main dish for family feasts.
|14 lb turkey|
|1 stick butter|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|2 teaspoons black pepper|
|2 tablespoons dried rosemary|
|2 tablespoons dried sage|
|2 tablespoons dried thyme|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Rinse the inside and outside of turkey, patting it dry with paper towels. Sprinkle salt and pepper over skin. Using kitchen twine, tie drumsticks together tightly.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, rosemary, sage, and thyme. Mix together well.
- Gently loosen skin covering turkey breast, taking care not to tear skin. Spread herb mixture underneath skin and on top.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan. Roast turkey for 4-5 hours, basting every 30 minutes with pan juices.
- Place turkey on a cutting board and let stand for 25 minutes. Discard twine. Carve turkey and serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >