For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Roasted Turkey with Herbs
Rate this Recipe
The perfect main dish for family feasts.
|14 lb turkey|
|1 stick butter|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|2 teaspoons black pepper|
|2 tablespoons dried rosemary|
|2 tablespoons dried sage|
|2 tablespoons dried thyme|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Rinse the inside and outside of turkey, patting it dry with paper towels. Sprinkle salt and pepper over skin. Using kitchen twine, tie drumsticks together tightly.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, rosemary, sage, and thyme. Mix together well.
- Gently loosen skin covering turkey breast, taking care not to tear skin. Spread herb mixture underneath skin and on top.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan. Roast turkey for 4-5 hours, basting every 30 minutes with pan juices.
- Place turkey on a cutting board and let stand for 25 minutes. Discard twine. Carve turkey and serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >