For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Citrus Steaks with Spicy Orange Sauce
Rate this Recipe
A little sweet and a nice spiciness.
|1 lb. beef top sirloin cap steaks, cut 1" thick|
|4 ears sweet corn, in husks|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder|
|Salt, to taste|
- Peel corn, leaving husks attached at base; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks; tie closed. Soak in cold water 30 minutes.
- Grate 1 teaspoon peel from orange. Squeeze 2 tablespoon juice from orange; set aside. Combine peel, garlic and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Remove corn from water. Place on outer edge of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill, covered, 20 to 30 minutes (or 15-25 minutes on gas grill) turning occasionally. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 9 to 14 minutes (or 8-12 minutes on gas grill) turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons reserved orange juice, yogurt, cilantro and chipotle powder in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Carve steaks into slices, season with salt as desired. Serve with sauce and corn.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
Traditional Irish Recipes for St. Patrick's Day
Enjoy these classic Irish dishes in honor of St. Patrick's Day. There's the traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage, Shepherd's Pie and even Irish Potato Soup. They're hearty, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >