For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Makes 24 Cookies
|2 cups butter, softened|
|1 cup brown sugar, packed|
|5 cups all-purpose flour|
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add 3 3/4 cups of the flour and mix well.
- Sprinkle a board with the remaining flour, put the dough on it and knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Roll to 1/2" thickness. Cut into 3" x 1" strips.
- Prick with a fork and place on an ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden on top.
- Serve with orange marmalade into which you might stir a little Scotch whiskey or bourbon.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >