For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Makes 24 Cookies
|2 cups butter, softened|
|1 cup brown sugar, packed|
|5 cups all-purpose flour|
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add 3 3/4 cups of the flour and mix well.
- Sprinkle a board with the remaining flour, put the dough on it and knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Roll to 1/2" thickness. Cut into 3" x 1" strips.
- Prick with a fork and place on an ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden on top.
- Serve with orange marmalade into which you might stir a little Scotch whiskey or bourbon.
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >