For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Makes 24 Cookies
|2 cups butter, softened|
|1 cup brown sugar, packed|
|5 cups all-purpose flour|
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add 3 3/4 cups of the flour and mix well.
- Sprinkle a board with the remaining flour, put the dough on it and knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Roll to 1/2" thickness. Cut into 3" x 1" strips.
- Prick with a fork and place on an ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden on top.
- Serve with orange marmalade into which you might stir a little Scotch whiskey or bourbon.
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >